Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Knitting Doesn't Like Me



So I've been trying to learn to knit and trying to love it but I just don't think knitting loves me back. :( I have ripped out and started over on this darn stockinette stitch scarf so many times it's outrageous. I finally just said I am going to just keep going even if I do have some extra stitches. (How did it happen!??!!) I can't seem to figure it out. I haven't given up completely, but I am definately a crocheter at heart. This morning I whipped up the cutest coffee cozy using simple double and half double crochets. Now THAT is my passion. I think the "scarf" will actually turn out to just be a dishcloth, if I even get that far with it. I'll keep you posted!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain! Knitting does not like me either, no way. No matter how hard I try :)

I have just discovered crochet though, and I love it!

Katie said...

Hi, I just stumbled upon your blog from another one, and I wanted to say, maybe you should try something else besides a scarf. I know it's the standard beginners project, but it gets pretty monotonous and it's hard to get the sides right. May try a hat, cause then if it's not even, you can fix it when you go to "sew" up the edges. I was a crocheter, and now a converted knitter. It just takes time a practice and preference. If you like crochet, stick with it. Do what you love.