Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Spin Me Around


Well I caved in and purchased a drop spindle kit. I've been thinking about learning to spin my own yarn for quite some time now, and I just did it! I bought a lovely kit from Maine Woods Yarn & Fiber and can't wait to get started. I'm very excited.

Let's see...what else has happened since my last post? I am the winner of a blog contest hosted by yarn tomato!! I love the bookmark! Thanks yarn tomato!



The beautiful green beaded bookmark has found it's current resting place in Kurt Vonnegut's Welcome to the Monkey House, which is now on our bedside table. Rob has been reading to me at night before we go to sleep. He has such a relaxing voice; I just love it when he reads to me!! :)

We had a wonderful Valentine's Day; we just kept it simple and sweet. I gave him some silk boxers and a sexy negligee for me to wear and some chocolate covered pretzels (yum!). He gave me a gi-normous helium balloon that sings "Wild Thang" when touched, hehe. He also took me out for a romantic dinner and then drove out to the resevoir to watch the ducks on the water and some star gazing. AWWWWW! He is such a sweetheart.

I have been crocheting like crazy but what I've been working on is a secret for now, since it is for the sweet Amy Jo in the Make a Friend Swap on Craftster. I will post piccies as soon as Amy Jo has received the items, which hopefully will be this week. I'm such a procrastinator when it comes to shipping stuff. I always have good intentions but seem to wait til the very last second.

Oh and look at the yummy yarn I purchased from Villageknitiot on Ravelry. I just love it and plan to crochet a cover-up for me to wear on the water this summer. I can't wait for summertime to get here!!

1 comment:

Joy said...

Hi Melissa,

I am learning to spin right now, too. I have a wheel I got from a neighbor that needed a little TLC. After a quick tune up at my local yarn shop it is working really well and I love it! I just finished spinning up some fiber from on eof my angora rabbits...it's soft and funky.

Have a great time!