Sunday, December 16, 2007

Learning to Sew







For a couple of months now, I have been admiring the photos of a handmade Amy Bulter purse of someone I met on myspace. I love to quilt and crochet, but I've never learned to sew. So I decided to get a simple McCall's pattern and some cheap material from Wal-Mart and give it a shot. I finished the project this weekend, and I have to admit, I'm quite pleased with myself. There's ALOT of mistakes, and I had to do every step at least twice, but this was a learning project after all. I am happy with the way it turned out and I believe the next project will be easier. So I went to this nifty little store called Quilt Arts and bought the pattern for an Amy Butler Frenchy and some adorable Amy Butler material. I can't wait to see how the Frenchy turns out!

No comments: